Monday, September 13, 2010

From a paper collage to a quilt


from w
Not exactly a quilt, but a kind of design like a quilt. Originally a paper collage, I scanned portions of it and then manipulated the images using Picasa and Photo-edit. Of course there could be hundreds of variations. Anyway then I put them together to form one overcrowded image. All the items from earlier drawings came from the garden when we lived in the Shenton manse, Ryrie Street, Geelong, a long time ago. Actually the garden area these days (now owned by the Geelong High School) is quite dull and boring, almost totally cleaned out all the interesting bits that hid there. Even the goanna who lived under the apple tree is surely gone.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Love the quilt affect, I seem to be slowing too, but not wanting to, still fill my days doing things, but not much house work until I HAVE to!!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Penny,
I love the effect of real quilts, the stitches, the fabrics, but I have noticed that at the quilt fairs the work is often exquisite but sometimes the designs could be planned better and be more original. So much work goes into them.
Wendy

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home