Monday, March 09, 2009

A blanket of names


from w
On the Babasiga site I wrote about place names and pronunciations and got a bit carried away by writing down scores of Fijian village and town names, mainly from Peceli's island of Vanua Levu. Took it further by messing about with fonts and colours, so here is a blanket design for a Fijian child. But who is going to do the sewing - not me! For more information refer to the Babasiga blog entry for today.
(Later - the next afternoon) I did some variations from the first effort at designing a page/quilt/banner of Fijian place-names. I have been browsing today through craft magazines donated to the Rotary for sending to schools overseas and I realize that the designs are often inappropriate, very English, quite sentimental and unrelated to tropical living.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home