Sunday, March 08, 2009

Eastern Beach Geelong








from w
Today is a Labour Day holiday so not much is going on - only a bit of javelin training and collecting items for Donation in Kind. I've got the internet running again thanks to a genius who works at Deakin University library. I had changed the password and really mucked up access!

Here are a few pics of our city beach area, (some borrowed and blue). This area has been revamped in the past fifteen years and more recently several high rise to house another 4000 people in units overlooking the sea - selling for about half a million each! But it's still a nice recreational area. We used to swim in the two enclosed swimming pools - one for kiddies, one for everyone, but the water is always cold (after living in tropics and enjoying the warm lagoons.)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Hi Wendy, still here but off to Queensland for 2 weeks tomorrow, looks wet and windy but at least it is a break. I hope to get some painting or even sketching done, no time lately with feeding ponies while the children were away and catching up with my grand daughter and great grand son let alone my mother.
Love what you have been doing, makes me feel I am not getting anything done.
Over several days we have had 18 mm but it seems to be warming up so I hope there is a garden to come home to.

10:32 PM  
Blogger The Moody Minstrel said...

The ocean is cold there? I take it the currents come up from Antarctica, then?

That's the way it is in Oregon, too. I have fun trying to explain it to Japanese, since the ocean is relatively warm here, but in Oregon the wind mainly comes from the south, meaning warm, wet weather, but the ocean currents come from the north, meaning it's always icy cold even in summer.

Oregon's beaches don't look quite so refined, however. :-)

5:19 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Penny,
I hope you can do some sketching, take photos and write up stories about your holiday. I hope you are not going to be near that cyclone near Bundaberg! It's cooler here now and we did have some rain.
Hello Moody,
Our Corio Bay is actaully warmer than the surf beaches (like Bells) which do have freezing cold water up from the Antarctic I suppose.
Peceli swims a bit but I remember the warm lagoons of Fiji and barely get my toes wet these days!
w.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home