Thursday, April 26, 2007

dalmatian pups pic for our grandchildren

from w
Cleaning out cupboards I came across two very very old paintings I must have done when I was about eleven, copied I guess from American Post or something like that. Indian Ink and a pen was used in those days. I don't think copying is a good idea but maybe it was a learning experience. Life in a country town those days was about chasing sheep and Border Collie dogs, clean air, climbing trees, swimming in an irrigation channel unsupervised. No TV. No computers. Anyway these are pics for the grandchildren in Fiji. Their artwork is probably very different - associated with computer games, videos, Spiderman and the rest!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wendy! You don't need to post this, but i couldn't find an email address for you. I may be going to Vorovoro for the tribewanted project in late summer and i was just remembering that you live close and Tui Mali is your relative. It would make a great outsider perspective to interview yuo as I'm sure you must be aware of what's going on in some capacity. What do you think of the project and what do the Mali people think? I'll know more about whether I'm going for sure in a few weeks but I wanted to touch base. Hope all is well!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PS My email is bohemian AT wendeeholtcamp.com

1:11 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Okay Wendee, I've sent an email. On our babasiga blog I've posted quite a few comments about the tribewanted project, mostly positive.
We actually live in Australia most of the time, not in Labasa but lots of relatives live there these days.
w.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Um Naief said...

i sit and think about the days when life was very much the same for me, and wonder what life will be like for my son. i want him to experience the life that exists outside, but things are so different here w/ the weather... not a lot of trees to climb, no country or the type of country that i grew up in....

i hope that on our trips to the states, as he's growing, he'll be able to experience these things and love them as much as i did.... but i'll probably be outdone by the computer, video games and loving the indoors because it's just too dang hot outside for anything else.

only time will tell.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

There is an awkwardness about where to raise your children when the family has two countries. Our children were born in Fiji and had a lovely early life in the tropics then we all came to Australia for their education and that worked out well. You need to decide how much time your want your son to experience life in USA as well as where you are now located. Come and go, come and go, that seems to be the way.
w.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home