Sunday, July 04, 2010

Flattening shapes like leadlight

The real drawing, the others are digital and only as computer files.from w
Yesterday afternoon I made another drawing of the Barwon Edge pond, this time using mainly feltpens as I tried to flatten the shapes, remove textures and get an effect more like leadlight or even batik. Then I pushed the picture a bit further and it seems to become 'under the sea'! In between messing around on the computer we fitted in a few church services, kava drinking, yarning with friends in Werribee. playing with nine-month old baby boys who are cousins, and wondering how on earth a Prime Minister came from this kind of suburban landscape!I don't mean my imagined landscapes of the pond, but the near identical housing estates that make up the electorate from the smoke stacks of the Altona refinery to the new estates of Wyndam Vale, Point Cook, and of course the older area of Werribee with its sewerage plant and 12 acre (I think) vegetable farms.Click on any picture to see enlarged.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Very clever, I like the way this has turned out.
I think I will hold judgement on how different this PM will be. No doubt she is very clever and is another master of spin, but how well will she actually govern our country and will she be willing to delegate?

3:55 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Penny,
I used to be a little liberal, and have never been a union type labour, but I'm softly in the middle it seems. And tinged with Green. I think it was mean the way they treated Kevin Rudd, he needed to be told to share jobs and decisions rather than suddenly ousted. Too much publicity is given to one person, even now. Pity the Liberals don't have an outstanding leader.
Wendy

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home