Monday, February 22, 2010

Our vegetable garden

from w
All through the summer we have been able to have fresh veggies and they certainly have tasted better than the ones in the shops, especially the tomatoes. Beetroot, Chinese spinach, silver beet, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, chillies and pumpkins and the cantelope are coming. The only real failure was the sweet corn who were too hard, maybe the lack of rain.

I have been keeping fairly quiet lately with doctor's appointments to try and track down the lower back pain so I just did a scribble of some of the plants, added a leaf or two and got a few colourful results. The medical report isn't good though as it looks like the wear and tear of the years has meant something like osteo-athritus is here to stay. I thought that was for very old people! Now I know how my mother must have suffered quietly for many years. I'll have to work out strategies about exercise and so on. Anyway here's the garden plus a few extra colours.


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger annie said...

Beautiful leaves and variations. Always enchanting, the variations in color and design that you discover.

So very sorry about the arthritis. I have it, too, and it does keep one busy figuring up what to do next, since it is always an individual matter in each case. I am looking into physical therapy, which I am told will be covered by my insurance, so why not give it a try.

annie

7:21 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Mr/Ms Invisible - which I cannot read the script, and hello Annie. Without realizing I'd been drawing in our garden, Peceli took photos and posted something on babasiga about the garden! I'm still running to xrays etc. this time to see if my discs are getting closer. Well, I know that as my skirts are getting longer and me shorter!
w.

1:37 AM  
Blogger annie said...

Life is full of surprises.It feels odd to be "shorter." They told me, recently, when they measured, that I had lost some inches,too.

annie

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home