Monday, February 15, 2010

Why can't I be like a Buddhist?

from w
I realize that most of my picture-making is chaotic, disorderly, overcrowded, busy and too intense. Why can't I be like a Buddhist, make clean, serene, orderly mandalas? On TV a few minutes ago there was a program about Buddhism and I do like those serene calm faces on the statues. So I decided to make a mandala out of paper from a magazine or two. Circles within circles, no chaos, just order...but it didn't happen. I saw this disturbing page about bullying and cut that out, then circles wouldn't stay circles, and I thought that life is not orderly. People reach out to help another but it doesn't always create harmony. The little New Zealand tiki in the middle is, I suppose, something about good luck for the journey.


And now I've really broken up the mandala idea altogether!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger annie said...

Iask myself that all the time, Wendy-- every day...so many things would drop away, leaving me with an essential centered focus.

And my circles don't stay circles, either.

But what you have here seems to have caught a balance and a serenity out of chaos.

I really like the mandalas.

annie

annie

10:19 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Annie,
Today is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent so maybe I can make a vow to do ten minutes on the bicycle and ten reps of six exercises my son set up for me (to fix my sore back) then have 30 minutes on the internet as a reward! I'll try and make some more pictures using text but try and calm down a bit for Lent!
Wendy

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Jana Bouc said...

These are so interesting! Really great compositions and colors. I so admire the way you took an idea and explored it in many different ways. I wish I could make myself do series like that. I know it's really good for creativity and design.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Jana,
Not doing anything creative today. That back pain just grabs me and I've spend the morning in bed with a hot water bottle. Just up for fifteen minutes for lunch and checking emails. About the pictures - I need to choose one or two and copy them out A3 size and make paintings.
Wendy

5:41 PM  
Blogger annie said...

I am so sorry you are getting these bad moments like this. I do wish there were a way for better relief.

annie

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home