Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Bungle bungles




from w
I used to like oil pastels and did a number of pictures of local landscapes plus this one of the Bungle bungles which is very far away (and one of the locations in the film 'Australia'). I've never been there but the landscape is intriguing. This was based on a photograph. I just changed the colours a bit in two of the pics. The white spot is from the flash of the camera - this is a picture hanging on the wall. The texture of oil pastels is quite different though to the results here.

There are numerous photos of the Bungle Bungles with the beehive like domes. A sample is here.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger revkjarla said...

I love the oil pastels..and the pictures in the post before this...the way your lines and colors meet are quite striking.

thank you, too, so much for sharing the "Hold The Space" blog.
You are right--I love it!

4:26 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Wendy, what colorful and interesting designs. Thanks for the great photos Especially the one with people walking beside them. I would not have been able to get the picture of them in my mind without these. And at certain times of day their colors are also interesting.
annie

6:17 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

good pictures Wendy, I have been so busy I havent had time to look. Like your reviews of Australia perhaps we will go to see it. John got rather huffy about the stolen generation bit and isnt keen. Men!
Have almost got all the Christmas shopping done, no tree up yet, too early for me.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Thank you for your kind comments. This is a part of Australia I would really like to explore. Should I use Ruddy's gift this week for a trip? No, it paid the rates!
Penny, John's annoyance with the 'stolen' generation? It is a complex issue and many of the well-established part-Aboriginal men and women today have had good stories of education etc. from decisions made many years ago, but others did suffer greatly from loss of identity and family.
w.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home