Monday, March 17, 2008

Easter - a time for sentiment or hard questions

from w
This morning I went to the Wesley Church Floral interpretations for Holy week, did some sketches and took photographs, but regarding the latter, there is a copyright on the reflective pieces, so I only posted two so have a quick peek but do not copy!


The problem for many people I am sure is whether sentiment or strong images are right for the journey of Jesus towards the Cross. Hymns and floral decorations etc. tend to make it pretty and easy, but really it was a terrifying time, a brutal time, a murder. But if the ministers used their data projectors to show segments from that movie, 'The Passion' there might be vomiting in the aisles! The 14 'scenes' at Wesley were tastefully made up of objects, flowers, colour schemes as a reminder of the different stories during Holy Week to trigger an imaginative and prayerful response. I realise my drawings are pretty weak, but when I tried to make stronger images with photo-edit, the pictures just didn't work! Only one worked!



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

I love these - especially the blue one

4:37 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Alison,
I posted two photos later to show what they really looked like. Perhaps a monotone in the drawing - such as blue -does look okay.
w.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home