Sunday, June 17, 2007

Poetry reading at the Bush Inn




from w
I didn't listen too carefully to the poets reading their beautiful lines as I scrabbled about for paper to do some sketching. The jazz trio were wonderful - guitar, female vocalist and a double bass player who danced as he played.


I found an old program to draw on and a creditcard booklet then added colour at home.

Today I discovered a fabulous shop - a women's heaven - that I'd never explored before. I needed to buy light tan coloured vinyl for a patchup job on two armchairs so went into Lincraft. Not only did I get some PVA glue and vinyl (yeah, I said a patchup job - the real apolsterer would charge $1000 per chair to do it properly) but their art and crafts stuff was on special so I bought a few new pastels, watercolour pencils - which I've never used before, etc.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ixchel said...

I go nuts at art stores..I should not be allowed to go into them lol..You have an interesting blog here..lovely sketches..I will be visiting more often!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Memo,
I went back to the Lincraft store to more more oil pastels, watercolour pencils, etc. to give to my grandchildren but spent a lot of time with a friend I met who was searching for a button match - then she paid for all my purchases!
My second favourite kind of shop is a music store - I went looking for the sheet music of Leonard Cohen's 'Alleluia' but they didn't have it so I'll just have to play it by ear and write down the notes.
w.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home