Sunday, March 11, 2007

Is it bad manners to wear shoes inside?


from w
Our family custom is always to remove shoes at the door and never wear shoes inside a house, but of course in Australia many people just leave them on. In the South Pacific islands, I guess because of mud and rain, people are always barefoot inside a house. The other evening we were sitting yarning at a kava party - some sat down, some sat up - and I noticed C's strange socks with eyes staring at me. I couldn't help myself - I just had to draw them. So, is it rude to draw people's feet when the conversation starts to repeat itself and go in circles?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Well, maybe people might be a sensitive about their feet being sketched bur I think it's good if people just get used to the idea that there might be someone sketching while they listen and chat. - I like this sketch anyway.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Wearing shoes in homes is a terrible habit.

I have an whole blog about this subject: Shoes Off at the Door, Please You might want to take a look.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Oh ho Alison, I don't sketch feet at every opportunity! Maybe we should suggest foot massages next.
and Celeste - I looked at your blog - good, keep it up.
w.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home