Saturday, March 10, 2007

Art in the Park - Geelong


from w
This afternoon I strolled through Johnstone Park in central Geelong for the first Art in the Park. Lots of tents were filled with paintings, sculptures,lino-cuts, monoprints, glass, jewelry, odds and ends. It was good to see the local artists showing their work and selling some. I quickly drew a pic of the sculptor Jacinta Veitch talking with a passerby about her limestone carving, then coloured the pic at home later.

There were giveaway postcards from the Geelong Gallery such as Gail Buckis 'Bandstand Johnstone Park' and Richard Collis's 'Learn o take a dive'. Maybe next year Peceli and I might book a tent!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Very nice drawing Wendy.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Yes you should book a tent. Oh w\Wendy I love your drawings and the pianos. they are so evocative.
Actually I love all your stuff when I finally have time to get on the computer and look. Do you have a piano now?

12:45 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Thanks Julie, but it's only meant to just illustrate the story about the Art gig. I only drew for one minute and Deidre came over and asked (nicely) 'Are you drawing ME?' I got flustered because I thought I was invisible, and fled.

Penny, yes I do have the Beale piano, but I have more junk on it than you have in your embellisher woman's room! Okay, every three weeks or so I clear it and then play some music.
I saw a kid on TV yesterday play Chopin's 'Fantasie Impromptu' blindfolded! Why?
w.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home