Sunday, February 25, 2007

Three little (sunburnt) maids


On Saturday Pako Festa was a great success with a bright sunshiny day and the Fijian dance group from Altona Meadows Fijian church performed their dance and sang sere in cumu songs. Thousands of people were at Pako and the whole street buzzed with food stalls, songs and dances - including Cook Islander and Maori. Our group adjourned to Eastern Beach for a barbecue and sat on mats, drinking kava and singing notalgic songs with a guitar and ukelele. Tui Vuna who was visiting added his expertise with his ukelele. We were there for four hours in sun and shade and three of the vavalagi wives turned a nice shade of red by the end of the afternoon.
w.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Moody Minstrel said...

I like that picture. It has so much personality!

2:48 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

This would work up in to a great picture - bit Mattissey. Sound a great day

5:52 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

It's really about me, Judy, and Nichole - though it doesn't look like us really! Anyway the heat has gone and the red face only lasted a day! I glowed in church on Sunday morning though and they didn't really need any candles or lighting!
Hey, someone has stolen my rubbish bins (at the end of comments) and I want to delete one suspicious one on babasiga - a spam letter, so I'll have to find out now where my bin is!
w.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

PS.
Now that is strange. The bins are now back on this page!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Okay, okay, I've got it. They jump jump up occasionally and then disappear again. I think it depends if I am logged in or something.
w.

7:04 PM  
Blogger The Moody Minstrel said...

Yes, that's right. If you're not logged in Blogger won't know who you are, so the right to delete or edit is lost.

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home