Monday, January 04, 2010

If Jackson Pollock was around now


from w
If Jackson Pollock was around now I don't think he would be spattering paint and doing shoe-shuffle on his wall boards. Instead he would keep his feet clean, his clothes spotless, his studio neat and just use digital images perhaps with a computer and printer? But I don't think my Fake Pollocks would sell for $4 million do you? Has dribble art gone out of fashion these days and artists are back into figurative painting? I do think digital is one way to go to 'find' images and this is a cost-free way and no anxiety about allergies to paint. The pictures above came out by overlapping three pics of birds that I drew this morning. Now I'm just about pelicanned out and in need of coffee, biscuits and a basil connoction.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

These are great - I especially like the blue, second from top, one. Of course JP would probably have assistants these days too.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Alison,
Yes, the blue one is the best. How is your art-work going? I miss all those beaut sketches of domestic scenes around your city!
Wendy

2:47 AM  
Blogger annie said...

I like that blue one, too, but I am also taken with and surprised by the electric colors on the bottom one.
annie

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home