Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Recent sketches from Fiji






from w
In Rukurukulevu village I sketched coconut trees and a breadfruit tree. The pottery ws a gift from a woman from Sigatoka Valley. The three little pics together is a view from the Holiday Inn in Suva where Peceli and I had a drink and a cool-down from the warm noisy Victoria Parade. An oasis indeed. The picture (using stamp in Photo-edit) looks like a roughly made linocut. These are not the original sketches but have been manipulated a bit!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Love the pots and the manipulation of some of your sketches. I will be in Geelong from Sunday night, so long as I make it until about midday Saturday. the Fibre Forum is held at Geelong Grammar and is always pretty full on but I am supposed to have the afternoon of Wednesday off but I know what happens at these things.I am usually so tired by then I just sleep!! There is an open day on the Saturday. That is when I hope to be selling and all the class rooms are open.Do you still have my mobile number?

10:52 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Penny,
I guessed you would still be coming. Grammar is out of town but I will try and get to the Open Day. Can you email me again with your mobile number please?
Wendy

11:08 PM  
Blogger revkjarla said...

I love what you have done with your sketches. so beautiful and full of depth..and texture, in spite of being 2-D.
thank you ....nice to visit after an absence.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home