Monday, February 25, 2008

I'm sorry Shatsi!


from w
Yesterday my friend came around with her 12 year old black cat and requested that Shatsi stay with us for several months. We had made a vague promise a few weeks ago that if all else failed we could help. Well, all else did fail, and here I was staring at this pretty cat who then prowled around the lounge room inspecting under every chair. She's not an outdoor cat and we would have to lock her inside for a few weeks. I was already starting to sniffle and sneeze before they arrived, but then my sniffles turned into full-blown hay fever. Peceli wasn't home yet and we waited for him to get back from taking a Fijian funeral in Melbourne. Okay, Peceli is a kind person, but now he firmly said, 'We can't do it! Our house is often full of visitors and also we come and go a lot.' Oh dear, poor Shatsi, no-one wants her! I'm sorry for Shatsi's owner who has the stress now of what to do, but I hope she finds a good home in the next twenty-four hours before her flight overseas.

Meanwhile I still sniffle and sneeze and can't go to the Interfaith Women's group today which would have been interesting as two of the women are going to talk about their son's weddings in Pakistan and India.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Keith said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Poor kitty. Hope things work out with Shatsi.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Keith,
Yes, I was concerned about what would happen to Shatsi. Twelve year old Shatsi should be able to fend for herself by now, but she has been an indoor cat for so long. Okay, she has a home with an 'uncle' but he won't let her indoors so it's a culture shock for a cat to discover what a tree is! Anyway, she should cope and have some new adventures perhaps.
w.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a charming sketch -- a great advertisement for poor Shatsi. I hope she finds a good temporary home.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home