Friday, August 10, 2007

After painting the kitchen






from w
Exhausted after cleaning, painting, shifting furniture, putting it back, chucking out, I didn't want to go and drink kava tonight. Instead I made sketches of objects in my new colourful kitchen with yellow walls, now wanting everything to mix and match - blue lino and tiles, yellow wall, white and brown cupboards and window trim. So far it's neat, but how long will it last?

Now we've started to tidy up the laundry, almost chucking out everything and I had to go and hunt for my shoes which had gone out! Now shoes are on shelves instead of thrown down like a dog's breakfast.

The watercolour pencil pictures are of my favourite mug and a banner I made years ago and found when I started emptying a shelf of the linen cupboard, my pic of two grass trees now on the kitchen wall, daisies from the front garden, a bowl of fruit and sugar bowl, and a Thai wall hanging.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Wow Wendy this looks great, so much life, we are scraping back and painting but only the same old cream, so many paintings nothing eles looks right. i have an American coming and this has galvanised john into some much and long awaited repairs.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

The kitchen does look bright and clean now and I'm trying to keep it tidy. But I usually don't think bright colours are right for houses - we should blend into the environment not shout out loud. My Fiji relatives have been on a repainting month of activities in the vllage. They painted one house bright pink - judging by the photos Peceli emailed me! The eight or so houses on the hillside used to look lovely with their light green paint.
Good luck with your renovations but take it easy too.
w.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home