Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Graffiti in Hosiery Lane



from w
Yesterday I walked through Hosiery Lane (once this area was the hub of the tailoring trade in Melbourne) to look at the walls of graffiti. An amazing place. It was totally empty of people at first until two school boys wandered through with their cameras. It is near Federation Square, between Swanston Street and Collins Street. This morning I added colour to the drawing I posted yesterday of the tiwi Aboriginal sculptures.


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Wendy these are fantastic. John did something to the computer so it now has to go in to be looked at but the other one is working sort of without it.Hence no blogging while i was away. thank you for joining us in a fantastic day. I scribble, you get the detail down!
We had a lovely week but I took more photos than drew. Very naughty but on my own I will draw more, John doesnt like to stand for too long.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Penny, I hope you can fix the computer easily and perhaps post some pics of Melbourne (but not of me please - it was a wild and windy day).
I thought later that I should not have impulsively wandered through Hosiery Lane by myself that amorning but sometimes I like to see what is around the corner!
w.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Um Naief said...

amazing and so beautiful. i love graffiti. i think of the best artists can be found thru this art.

i only wish more places would allow ppl to express themselves like this.

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home