Ten questions for wannabe citizens of Australia
There's talk about setting a test for new migrants when they apply for citizenship, stuff about mateship, culture, history, - thongs, shrimps on the barbie, pies, flags I guess.
Here are some questions, courtesy of Tracee Hutchinson in The Age newspaper.
1Which of the following is the most un-Australian?
A Hoping England wins the third Test
B Pouring a beer without a decent head
C Squibbing your round of a shout
2. What is a barbecue stopper?
A A total fire ban day
B An empty gas bottle
C Something cooked up by the Prime Minister plus talkback radio
3. What is a snag?
A A bit of a nancy boy
B An unfortunate incident with pantyhose
4. What is the mandatory relish for a meat pie?
A Tomato sauce
5. How does an Australian TV executive get rid of female hosts?
6. Why did 100,000 people walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge in 2000?
A To get to the other side
B To be part of a mob
C To ask Primy Minister to say sorry to indigenous Australians
7. What is mateship?
A A P&O cruise ship
B Secret men’s business
C John Howard’s barbecue stopper
8. What is the biggest threat to the Australian way of life?
A Germaine Greer
B Global warming
C A big stingray
9.What is Christmas Island?
A The place where Santa lives
B A popular tourist destination
C Euphemism for shameful disgrace
10. What was Graham Kennedy’s famous birdcall?
A a crow
B a kookaburra
C the orangebellied parrot.