Sunday, October 29, 2006

New outer suburbs of Melbourne



Today after driving through picturesque hills near Greendale and Bacchus Marsh, we eventually travelled through some of the outer Melbourne suburbs and noticed the repetition of boxes next to one another, without trees, without individuality. I drew a view of a section of new white houses behind a long white fence behind a kind of fake lake. Some of these suburbs have only one or two roads going in and it's very hard to even find your way out again. It's some kind of security, someone told me. People want to be in a kind of sanctuary!
W.

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Great drawing Wendy, I know what you mean about outer suburbs tho, scary isnt it.
I think I come your way in November, well nearly your way, I have to judge at a horse show in Ballarat, Welsh Pony youngstock show, a friend and I are coming over to do it. Rushed trip tho. Drive over on the Sat, the show Sunday and home Monday. I think it is the 19th Nov.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

We had a bit of time in between two church services in Altona Meadows so explored this suburb and I found this view separating two suburbs it seemed. Some of our friends live in these new suburbs because land and house is cheaper than the inner city areas. My architect brother says some of these new houses are like styrofoam boxes.
It would be great is you come this way and we can say hullo.
w.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home