Monday, November 12, 2012

playing the piano

from w
Yesterday I stayed in because of my gammy right leg so did some sketching - here's one of a girl playing the piano, three versions. When I was about seven my parents bought a Swechten piano and it sat in the lounge room in the Swan Hill home for many years. Over time I had numerous piano teachers, starting with my grandmother, Frances Lay. The piano we now have is a very nice upright but the sound has to compete with bells and whistles of laptops, tablets, iphones, TV. I rarely buy sheet music these days but sometimes grab a piece of classical music from the internet but I did find Allens shop in Melbourne one day and bought the adagio from Sparticus by Katcheturian, though it's not easy to play.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous, love the bare feet

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home