Tuesday, June 07, 2011

when starting a new page

from w
I picked up a book last week on how to simplify your life, to get rid of the clutter, throw out what's unnecessary, but I didn't bank on a peculiar glitch in the computer - some infection it seems - that wiped out all of My Documents - my writing, my powerpoint presentations, Peceli's sermons, my drawings, my recent photos, emails and email addresses and they couldn't be retrieved. Fortunately a lot of my files are on USB sticks but I am certainly annoyed to have to find some email contacts again. And I'd recently paid CA about $100 for security but, like Santa, someone crawled down a chimney! I have to start afresh with new pages - blank pages - and reactivate all of the programs as needed. Sobosobo! Anyway, here are a few images that started off as someone else's photo of an estuary in the Kimberleys region of West Australia. Okay, Sunday was World Environment Day.






Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

How annoying Wendy, did you manage to get anything back?

1:22 AM  
Blogger annie said...

So sorry, Wendy. Did you get those email addresses back? I am so computer illiterate that I'd be in an awful mess if it happened to me. Good luck.
annie

5:08 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Penny and Annie,
My computer is really playing up so I'm using another. Can't even access passwords for our blogs.
Yes, I lost my files and can't get them back. Fortunately I'd sent plenty to USB sticks but not the recent ones. Anyway, most things in our lives are still okay but it is freezing weather.
w.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home