Monday, December 20, 2010

All I want for Christmas is...






from w
The only thing I really want/need is an art program for my photos and drawings, etc. that can do interesting things. Well I accidentally found one - already installed on one of the household computers. My very clever son fixed up three computers here on-line so three generations can make good use of them - I don't mean the grandparents have old Mac Classics - which I still have one on top of a cupboard and I loved that little Mac. Peceli and I share one, the next generation another, and the three grandchildren another. Of course we interchange a bit and when I used Computer No 2 I discovered this program. It's called ArcSoftPhotoStudio 5.5 and I haven't a clue where it came from. I tried out a few 'tricks' and they are rather bizarre but I'll get the hang of it soon I hope. The original image I used here started off as a sketch of gum-leaves!

So that's my Christmas present - discovered and free!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Wendy have you seen Gimp? It is a free programme, I have downloaded it but havent had time to figure it out.
Have a very Happy Christmas and may the New year be an easy one.

2:52 AM  
Blogger annie said...

What a great find. Hurray. Looking forward to your sharing MORE of the fun that you are having with it.
annie

6:48 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Yes, GIMP is pretty good. Happy Christmas to you and yours and all the best for 2011

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home