Wednesday, September 19, 2007

more preliminary drawings for turtle story


from w
Not well thought out but I'm just testing ideas at present for illustrating the story. I need to check on the 'real' shapes of banana trees, pawpaw leaves etc. Anyway I discovered through googling that turtles love to eat mangrove leaves so I can add a few more lines to the story. These pics are of the village fruit trees and of the men chasing the turtle out to sea after discovering she had stolen their fruit. Of course where do you draw the line between fantasy and factual information?


(added later - the turtle eating a banana - okay - it's a fable, not real!)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

I love your turtle and butterfly sketches and story. Absolutely gorgeous.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Thanks Penny. I still have to get them a bit more accurate after I research how they really look like - such as the colours and shape of the Monarch butterfly.
w.

3:37 AM  
Blogger Drama Queen said...

Your drawings are so cool!!!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home