Thursday, August 24, 2006

A writers' gig in Melbourne



As part of the Melbourne Writers' Festival, the students of the Box Hill Institute ran a program with readings, discussions on landscape, the body, horror, grunge. I went along and there were a few oldies there, but mainly young people in their twenties including a Fiji-Indian girl, Vandana Chand, who now lives in Melbourne. She read a beautiful piece of writing about memories and imagination. I quietly did some pics of Rachel Mathews, Helen Milte Bastow, Barry Dickens, Paul Haines and Cameron Rogers.
The strongest piece of writing for me was by Maree Eggleston, a true story published in an anthology about midwives.
W.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great way to capture a memory of the readings. Don't you find that drawing it cements it in your memory in a very special way?

5:56 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Yes, I often scribble when I'm travelling or at a gig and create pages of quick sketches as well as paste in tickets etc. Useful I guess for when I get old and have more and more senior moments!
I was a bit crude with the feltpen and might do the girls again with softer pencils.
W.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home