Sunday, July 23, 2006

Harmony Day in Geelong and Diversitat


from Wendy
I received a postcard in the mail today from Diversitat with the pic of Harmony Day in Geelong. This is a great city for multiculturalism and our Geelong Ethnic Communities Council (now with the tradename Diversitat) has been active for about 26 years. Peceli and I go to the Council meetings to represent the local Fiji migrant community and friends. The main event each year is of course Pako Festa.

Remember the old hippy catch-cry - 'Think global - act local'? Well, it's still relevant. I'm joining a women's interfaith group in Geelong and tomorrow morning a Muslim woman will speak about her life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Wendy, thank you for your kind comments on my blog. You just made me think that it would be lovely to have a really nice traditional rendition of Isa Lei playing when we scatter my Mother's ashes. She was very happy in Fiji and I know she would love that. We are having a very formal religious service and then going to a beautiful river spot near her childhood home to have a less formal ceremony of scattering her ashes and if I could play Isa Lei on one of my children's MP3 players it would be perfect. Is 'Really' your son's blog? Any chance you could get onto him urgently to see if he could help? He seems to know what he is doing technically. If he can e-mail some sort of attachment to (myfirstname)at julieoakleydesign dot com and also to my husband (to cover both mac and PC bases) whose e-mail is robin at knockout dot net that would be fantastic. We are leaving for Ireland in less than 24 hours so not much time but if you can help that would be wonderful

7:11 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Dear Julie,
I emailed this morning to you about your request but I think it's too late. The music may be downloadable from the web though.
It's 6.30 a.m. here now.
Very best wishes for a heavy day for you all in Ireland. What's that Irish blessing - May the wind be at your back, may the rain fall softly. I can't remember it now. Some of the gaelic prayers and blessings are lovely.
W.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie
I suggest that you create a gmail/yahoo account which you can access at an internet cafe and then download the attachment once I get it.

One of my staff has it on there computer but they havent arrived at work yet.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie I have sent you the song but if I missed you then it can be downloaded at http://www.turtlefiji.com/media/mp3_list.php

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home