Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trees in Geelong Botanical




from w
Though I'm too impatient to draw detailed botanical illustration, I do like to draw a variety of trees because they are so different, particularly the lumpy ginkho three which is linked with Buddha and ancient China. One here is of a sandpaper fig which has a very smooth bark and the other is a tree that looks almost dying with branches that appear to be like strings of sausages. It's an amazing world. click on any picture to see enlarged. I used pencil when I roamed around the garden, and then oil pastels when I came home. The weather is better, a bit sunny so I'm not hugging the heat and hibernating so much. This morning Peceli and I will go again to Donation in Kind to sort books.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home