Saturday, April 29, 2006

It's seriously autumn now



The first tree in our back garden to turn yellow was the apricot tree, and when I walked around the streets of East Geelong many trees are now turning orange, red, and leaves are falling.
Several years ago I thought I had discovered something new when I put leaves and objects into the photocopy machine to make black and white pics, but there's nothing new about it at all. Even Michael Leunig the cartoonist for the 'Age' newspaper in Melbourne uses leaves in at least one of his enigmatic thoughtful cartoons. He is my favourite cartoonist with his often whimsical folklore of ordinary ducks and people, his consistent stance against the war in Iraq and his strong political cartoons.
W.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pandabonium said...

Autumn. No thanks. Just got done with winter here and today was actually sunny and warm.

Every season has something to offer (I'm still trying to figure out what exactly that might be in the case of Winter, other than making one appreciate the others). Turning colors of leaves are surely near the top of the list for autumn.

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home